Whether your hair is long or short, these easy steps will have your hair looking large and wavy like a glamour girl in no time.
You will need:
- Volumising mousse (we like John Frieda Luxurious Volume Building Mousse $15.99 from Priceline)
- Curling iron or ghd
- Medium to firm hold hairspray (This one from Nak does the job or good old V05)
Or for more of an undone tousled look, swap the hairspray for:
- Sea salt texturising spray
Jennifer Lawrence nails a wavy bob.
1. Wash and towel dry your hair. Squeeze a handful of volumising mousse into the palm of your hand and rake it through your hair, distributing as evenly throughout as possible.
2. Roughly blow dry your hair taking out any tangles with a brush.
3. Working in vertical sections, curl large chunks of hair at a time. Only start the curls from about eye level down and don’t curl the ends – always leave the remaining few centimetres at the bottom of each strand out of the curl. Alternate the direction of the curls backwards or forwards towards your face (make sure for the pieces of hair either side your face you curl these away from your face). If using a GHD, twist the hair around the iron and continue to twist the iron round and round until you’ve pulled the entire strand through. As you release the curls, run your fingers through them to pull them down and turn them into waves. Running your hands through them releases their curliness.
4. Once you’ve curled all your hair, allow it to cool. Assess how your waves are looking. If they are too limp, go back and add some more oomph by recurling the top pieces. If too curly, continue to run your fingers through and let them deflate into waves.
5. Depending on the look you want to achieve, spray either hair spray or sea salt spray lightly over and under your hair, picking up sections to spray underneath. Be careful not to overdo it so as not to gum up your hair with too much product.
Voila! You’re ready to rock your waves. Now the only thing you need to sort is your makeup.
Above: Try the sea salt spray for Emma Stone’s perfectly undone curls.